Wednesday, April 14, 2010

drum roll please!!!


I've got a couple of HUGE announcements!!!

I'll start with the smallest accomplishment first. Last night after watching half of the biggest loser it was 8pm so i went for my daily( or nightly) workout as I was about to head out of the door Kelly asked "how long are you working out for?" I said " uhhh.. 30 minutesi dunno" and he said "Go longer! go for 45 minutes." I replied with "okay?" Then he said "No do 47." I laughed and said "Okay I'll do 47 minutes on the elliptical." I walked my happy butt down the 3 flights of stairs and you know what ... i did 50 minutes on the elliptical!!! IN YO FACE! I was absolutely amp'd and so very proud of myself. I'm definitely feeling it today though, especially in my stomach muscles. LOL but it was worth every 50 minutes of it :)

Now for the second announcement.. this one is quite a bit larger! I have officially lost a total of 40 pounds! :) :) I weighed in this morning because Monday morning i wasn't feeling it and the scale read 208!! booo yeah!! :)

and last but definitely not least!.... I started Couch to 5K tonight.. yeah i know i said i would start May 1st but i downloaded the Iphone application this morning and i was just far too excited to give it a try. I AM BEAT! I almost gave up in that 7th and 8th runs but i just stayed focused and kept going. I'm so excited i CAN be a runner! :)

I am so exhausted, I've got my giant glass of water and going to lay in bed and rest with the husband and watch the slammin' salmon. Good night!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Fifty minutes on the elliptical is HARD! Are you doing a steady state cardio workout, or interval training (where you push your heart rate up to 70-80% of max, then give your self a brief "recovery" period of 60-70%, then push it up again)? If you haven't tried interval training, you might want to give it a go. It will make even that thirty minute workout feel like an hour.

    Way to go!

    Cassandra
    http://pathtowellness2010.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, it was tough i was sweating like crazy!! with the elliptical i normally up the resistance throughout the work out and then bring it down and then bring it back up

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails